Are you looking for a simple, but effective way to train your dog?
Looking for training that works in every day life, not just in a village hall?
Whether you have a dog who pulls on the lead, you lack control when the lead is removed, or you have a new puppy, the Dog Owner Training School can help. We specialise in helping owners train their dogs so they can enjoy stress free walks.
Our unique training experience teaches you real life skills to turn your Pulling Pongo or Runaway Rover into the Perfect Pooch who is the envy of your neighbourhood.
Why not try one of our free mini-courses? Just choose your topic below.
The Dog Owner Training School is owned and run by Laura Carter. Laura has over 10 years experience professionally training pet dogs. She lives in Kent, UK with her teenage daughters and 4 dogs – Siri the Crufts qualifying Dalmatian, Orla the rescue crossbreed, Dexter the chihuahua and Emba the tiny pom x chi.
5 ways to instantly improve your dogs on lead behavior
Meet Laura, who is running a FREE webinar on Tuesday 29th June at 10.30am on 5 ways to instantly improve your dogs on lead behavior
A recording will be available to those who sign up, but are unable to make the live webinar.
Attending a training class is like learning to drive on the motorway!
When distraction levels are high, both humans and dogs struggle to learn. At the Dog Owner Training School our 3 step system makes learning easy.
1) Start the learning process at home, where the distractions are low and sessions can be kept short.
2) Schedule a face to face 1-2-1 or attend an online zoom lesson. Build on your skills keeping distractions low to optimise learning. We have clients all over the world.
3)If you are local, attend a monthly group class to practice around other dogs and people. At this stage you aren’t learning anything new, just building on what you have previously learnt.
The Wealden Wag is a monthly newsletter, primarily aimed at dog owners in the Weald, but with lots of useful information no matter where you live.
It is available as a free PDF download (see below), or paper copies can be picked up at:
– Roosters pet shop. I Carriers Road. Cranbrook. TN17 3JU
– Charity Farm. Swattenden Lane, Cranbrook. TN17 3PS
– Arthur’s. 11-13 Stone Street. Cranbrook. TN17 3HF
– The Hive. 19 Stone Street. Cranbrook. TN17 3HF
– Fur-get-me-knots groomers. 2b Carriers Road. Cranbrook TN17 3JU
In the June edition
- Top tips for dog days out
- Is your pooch a prize winner? Join us at the Hawkhurst Dog Show.
- Make strawberry and banana doggy ice-cream
- All the details and schedule for the Hawkhurst dog show
“Laura is a very knowledgeable and personable trainer, with lots of innovative ideas. Her sessions are warm and welcoming and she is always willing to give guidance to the owners on a range of dog-related queries (eg feeding issues) as well as their dogs. Her training helped us to build a good relationship with our new puppy” S.Betts